The member has the right to cancel the membership agreement by sending or taking a written notice of cancellation to the reception or by following the link below to complete our online cancellation form. The member has 14 days starting with the day after he/she signs the contract. Writhlington Leisure in this instance and where the membership has not been used, will refund in full all monies received. Deductions equivalent to our standard charges will be made to cover any usage within the 14 day period. In no other circumstances will fees be refunded.
Where an annual membership has been taken out the member has the right to cancel the membership agreement in writing either at reception or by following the link below to complete our online cancellation form within 14 days after he/she signs the contract. After the 14 day period no refund shall be given under any circumstances. Deductions equivalent to our standard charges will be made to cover any usage within the 14 day period.
A full calendar month’s notice is required in writing for membership cancellations.
Please complete the form below if you would like to suspend your membership for a period of time, please ensure you complete all the boxes before submitting the form to us. Membership suspension is subject to terms and conditions.
The deposit and final balance are non-refundable once payment is made.
Refunds are not available unless Writhlington Leisure cancels the session. Credit notes will be offered where a minimum 48 hours’ notice is given.
Credit notes can then be redeemed against future bookings for kids club before the date of expiry.
- Chargeable activities MUST be paid for in advance.
- Refunds are not available if cancelled by the customer. A full refund or credit note will be offered where the course is cancelled by Writhlington Leisure.
Refunds will not be issued for missed sessions or where the participant decides they don’t want to attend any more.
A full calendar month’s notice (i.e 1st – 31st) is required for all cancellations which must be completed via the online form.
We accept that there may be occasions where you/your child may not be able to attend for an extended period of time due to injury, long term illness or other personal reasons. In these circumstances we offer the following options
- Payments are suspended for that period. In this instance you/your child will be removed from the class and added to the top of our waiting list. We are unable to hold spaces without payment.
- You continue to make payments to guarantee your space. In this instance there is no requirement to comlpete our suspension form. We would request however that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise that you/your child will not be attending due to illness, injury or personal reasons so that we can inform our coaching teams accordingly.
It is important to note that our charges are calculated on 100% occupancy and as such we are unable to reserve a child’s place without payment.
The following Terms and Conditions apply for suspensions (where payments have been suspended)
- Courses can only be suspended for full calendar months (i.e 1st – 31st) and must have a start and end date. Please note that we need at least 10 days notice prior to your next direct debit collection date (on or around 1st of any month).
- Any person/child requesting a course suspension will be removed from the course programme and placed on the top of the waiting list. Only when a place becomes available will the person/child be offered to re-join the course following suspension. Payments will re-commence from the new start date.
- Suspensions can only be submitted using our online membership suspension form. We will not accept requests by any other means.
- Suspension period cannot exceed 6 months.
- Parents/Course attendee will need to notify us via our sports course email email@example.com quoting their full name and course details if they wish to either
- Restart prior to the advised return date. A payment will be required in advance to cover the period of usage between return date and the next direct debit collection.
- Extend the suspension period. Please note that a minimum of 10 days notice prior to the restart date is required.
The hirer must give a minimum of twenty eight days notice to cancel any one off or short term booking (less than 10 consecutive weeks) and three months notice for any long term regular bookings (10 weeks or more). Charges will apply to any booking not cancelled within this period unless the facility can be re-let. Writhlington Leisure will waive any charges due where the booking can be re-let.
Block bookings will be invoiced one month in advance of booking and must be paid within the 30 day period. Where payment is not made a late payment fee will be added to the next invoice.
Court Hire and Sessions (Group Exercise Classes)
- Inclusive Members (where court hire and classes are included) can cancel or amend their bookings prior to the start of each class/booking. Customers will not be charged if the booking is cancelled prior to the start of the activity. Bookings made online can be cancelled online by clicking on the ‘My Bookings’ button.
- Pay As You Go Members and Non Members are required to pay at the point of booking. Refunds or amendments are not permitted for any reason once payment is made.
- Inclusive members who fail to attend or register their attendance prior to attending an activity, even if the membership includes free attendance, will be logged as ‘failed to attend’ which will result in the deactivation of a members online account. A 50p charge will need to be paid at reception prior to the reactivation of a members online account.
- WL reserves the right to cancel an activity as required where a like for like replacement cannot be offered or where suitably qualified staff aren’t available to deliver the activity. In this instance an alternative date will be offered. Refunds will only be issued at the sole discretion of the Centre Manager.
Refunds will not be offered where our facilities or activities are affected by severe weather conditions.
Writhlington Leisure will, where possible, offer additional sessions for the following activities that are affected by site closures.
- Sports Courses – gymnastics, trampolining, swimming, football, dance, climbing and tennis
- Court bookings – badminton, tennis, table tennis and artificial grass pitches
- Group Exercise Classes – PAYG members only
Arrangements for monitoring & evaluation
- This policy will be reviewed as required by the Centre Manager.