We offer gyms at both our Writhlington and Midsomer Norton sites.
Whatever your ability, age or goal, whether you want to lose weight, tone up, improve your health or train for a specific sport our qualified staff are here to tailor and design a programme specific to your needs. This detailed and comprehensive programme, delivered over two visits, will help you achieve your goals and get results. Our gyms are equipped with Smart Card technology. This fantastic new technology allows our gym instructors to set up your programme on a credit card sized membership card. This card when inserted into our fitness equipment instantly brings up your workout plan making it easier for you to achieve your goals. With this technology you are able to review your own progress including calories burnt, distance traveled and weight lifted.
Along with the Smart Card we’ve made it so easy for you to get started and stick with it. Here’s how:
Visit One (1 hour)
During your first visit one of our qualified gym instructors will spend time going through your aims and objectives to ensure that we design a personalised programme that is fun, effective and above all achieves your goals. A series of health checks are also included in this visit, where required, including Blood Pressure, Body Fat, and Heart Rate. You will also have the opportunity to use the latest in cardiovascular and resistance training equipment. Your gym instructor will also take you through a stretch and cool down routine.
Visit Two (1 hour)
Your gym instructor will ensure you are confident in using the equipment giving you advice on safety and good technique.
It is important that you update your programme regularly. To that end our gym instructors will offer ongoing support and advice during every visit to ensure you stay on track. We also offer a 15 minute review designed to make small changes to your workout or a 60 minute review where our gym instructors will develop a brand new programme to ensure you stay motivated and most importantly achieve your fitness goals.
Weight Loss support
We offer FREE weight loss support for our Inclusive Members, please click here for further details.
Please note the following:
- Please come appropriately dressed in trainers and loose clothes
- For accurate body fat readings it is recommended that you do not eat or drink at least 1 hour prior to test
- No exercise 12 hours prior to test
- No Alcohol or caffeine consumption 24 hours prior to test
- If you tick yes to any medical conditions on our health questionnaire we may need a doctor’s note. Please ask at reception
- If you have not completed the necessary paperwork or made any payment then please arrive early to finalise this
- We ask that members avoid leaving their bags in the gym and use the lockers provided in the changing rooms