Our Midsomer Norton site is a Royal Life Saving Society approved training centre.
The Royal Lifesaving Society’s National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is the UK’s premier lifeguard training award.
The syllabus includes pool supervision, rescue techniques, resuscitation, first aid, spinal injury management and health and safety in leisure centres. Courses typically take just over 33 hours to complete and include an assessment. Qualifications are valid for 2 years.
To attend this course, you must be:
- 16 years or over
- a competent swimmer (minimum eight lengths non-stop in front crawl or breast stroke), with a high level of water confidence and a good level of fitness
- able to speak English well to pass the assessment
- able to jump / dive into deep water
- able to swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- able to swim 100 metres continuously on your front and back in deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- able to surface dive to the floor of the pool
- able to climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
If you think you have what it takes to become a lifeguard and would like to enrol onto our next course or would like further details please email us on email@example.com