Pool Closure Monday 29th April – Friday 17th May inclusive
Closure of any of our facilities is not taken lightly however there are occasions where this is required to allow us to maintain our facilities to a high standard.
The following works will be completed during this closure
- Ultrasonic test of pool filtration tank – this test determines the integrity of the filtration tank – the test that was carried out on Tuesday 30th April found extensive damage to the tank itself which has resulted in the pool having to remain closed for three weeks rather than the planned one week.
- Media change / Shot blast and reline – replacement of sand and gravel media (filtration). The filtration vessel will also be internally shot blasted to prepare all steel work for the new lining
- Replace air blower – an integral part of the filtration system
- Replacement electric agitator – an integral part of the filtration system
- Replacement of cold water supply tank and pump – this will provide consistent water pressure – these works will be completed by Friday 2nd May.
On average, the sand (media) in a pool filtration system should be replaced every 5 – 7 years. The jagged edges of the sand wear down and become smooth as the sand ages. When this happens the sand can no longer trap debris particles and dirt can pass through the sand and back into the pool. This closure is therefore essential for us to maintain high standards of water quality.
The replacement of the cold water supply tank and pump will improve water pressure throughout the site particularly during busy periods. This should result in a consistent water pressure for showers. These works will be completed by Friday 2nd May.
We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience during these essential works.
SWIMMING LESSONS (stage 1 upwards including rookie lifeguards) – children on our swimming lesson programme will be offered catch up lessons for any missed sessions. Please click on the link below to complete your catch-up request (catch-up requests will not be accepted by any other means). Once completed a member of our learn to swim team will contact you to confirm your catch-up lessons (this could take up to 2 weeks from the submission of your form). We would politely ask you not to contact the centre to find out what sessions we’re able to offer as the reception staff will not have access to this information.
Ducklings and Adult Lessons – unfortunately we’re unable to offer catch-up lessons for the last two weeks of the closure as a result a credit will be applied to June direct debit payments.
Swim Only Members – as we’re unable to offer catch-up sessions members will be credited on their June direct debit payment. Annual members will have their membership extended by two weeks.