Pool Closure Monday 29th April – Friday 3rd May inclusive
Closure of any of our facilities is not taken lightly however there are occasions where this is required to allow us to maintain our facilities to a high standard.
The following works will be completed during this closure
- Ultrasonic test of pool filtration tank – this test determines the integrity of the filtration tank
- Media change / Shot blast and reline – replacement of sand and gravel media (filtration). The filtration vessel will also be internally shot blasted to prepare all steel work for the new lining
- Replace air blower – an integral part of the filtration system
- Replacement electric agitator – an integral part of the filtration system
- Replacement of cold water supply tank and pump – this will provide consistent water pressure
On average, the sand (media) in a pool filtration system should be replaced every 5 – 7 years. The jagged edges of the sand wear down and become smooth as the sand ages. When this happens the sand can no longer trap debris particles and dirt can pass through the sand and back into the pool. This closure is therefore essential for us to maintain high standards of water quality.
The replacement of the cold water supply tank and pump will improve water pressure throughout the site particularly during busy periods. This should result in a consistent water pressure for showers.
We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience during these essential works.
SWIMMING LESSONS – children on our swimming lesson programme will be offered a catch up lesson. A separate communication will be sent to all parents / guardians regarding this including details on how to book.